Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goodness, Gracious, the Great Wall and More!

On Thursday we visited two of the most famous sites in China and in the world, the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China. We left the hotel at 8:30 in the morning and didn't return until 6:30 at night, so everyone was certainly exhausted after the day. This was my third visit to both of these sites, and it never gets old. I've always wondered why they needed a defense wall in such a treacherous mountain range; I guess you can never underestimate those Mongols!


It was amazing that we actually had any time to see these sites, though, because Chinese tourists spent the whole day asking to take pictures with us. The guy in the white shirt on the very left in the back row above is an example.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I had the same experience in Singapore. . people wanting to take pictures with me b/c of my light hair and blue eyes! Hysterical! You know those photos are going to be shown to everyone they know! You're famous! -- Lindsay

    ReplyDelete